Indoor Organic Gardening
What You Need to Know About Indoor Organic Gardening
Indoor organic gardening is the perfect solution to people who love gardening but encountering problems due to natural elements such as climate. Compared to other countries that have tropical climate, indoor gardening is more popular in countries with cold weather. This is because people cannot grow the plants they want anytime for it will only die due to the condition of the site.
If you want to experience the beauty of indoor organic gardening, you must familiarize yourself first with everything that you need to know about it. Conducting a research about it will definitely help you achieve success especially if you are new with the craft. Reading agriculture and gardening books or magazines available in most bookstores nearby can do research. You can also browse the Internet and visit websites that contain information about indoor organic gardening. The following should be answered by your research:
1. Soil to be used. This is very important because this is the lifeline of your soon-to-be crop. It is very important to know which is the most suitable soil for you to ensure the success of your crop. Experts say that clay is the most ideal to be used because it has great water retention properties compared to other types.
It is also high in natural nutrients so less organic matter is needed to ensure that the plants get the amount of nutrients they need. But, if slay is not available, you can also use sand or the ordinary garden soil. Just make sure that you replenish it with the right amount of organic matter such as decaying plants, kitchen wastes such as fruit peels and vegetable stalks as well as animal manure.
2. The plant you want. You cannot just buy any seed of the plant you like without considering the natural conditions of your site. Make sure that before you buy large quantity of any seed, you can double-checked the living condition of your organic indoor gardening site to ensure that the plants will grow well.
3. The amount of warmth needed by the seeds. If you are in a cold place, you need warmth to ensure that the seeds will germinate very well. Make sure that you before plant any seed; there is an area where it could get the warmth it needs.
4. The type of container to be used. It is very important to know what is the most suitable type of container for your gardening because this will ensure the healthy growth of your plant. Ideal containers are those that have tapered bottom and sides to ensure that air and water will circulate very well. There are available containers in groceries that are already tapered such as trays and pots.
But, if you are tight on budget, you can use recycled items such as empty juice cans, milk cartons, and other containers that can hold soil. Make sure that you sterilize it first before using by washing it very well using warm water with parts of chlorine bleach to remove all residues and kill the germs.
5. The planting process. This is very important in organic indoor gardening because it will ensure that the seed are planted properly to germinate. The best seeds that are easy to plant include eggplant, cabbage, peppers, lettuce, or tomatoes as well as fast-growing plants such as melon, pumpkin, and cucumber. When planting, make sure that you fill individual containers with soil and planting mix and press it gently.